May 17, 1879 - January 19, 1958
Henry was educated in the public schools of Sheboygan until he was only twelve years old. At that time he began working for neighboring farmers. After working as a farm hand for six years, he went to the town of Sheboygan and took a job as a driver for Dr. Zeiss. Eighteen months later, he quit his driving job and went to work for his brother Valentine, who owned a milk depot which later became known as the Herman Brothers Milk Company. Four and a half years later he became a partner in the business, together with Valentine and his brother Conrad. The three jointly operated the business until 1910, when Valentine sold his interest in the company to his brothers. The Herman Brothers were known to conduct their business in an honest and industrious manner, and were well respected in the community.
On March 25, 1903, Henry married Miss Jessie DeSmidt, a daughter of Mr. and Mrs. William DeSmidt, who were natives of Holland, Wisconsin, and pioneering farming people of Sheboygan County. In 1912, Henry and Jessie lived at 1435 South Ninth Street, where Henry had built a new house in 1902.
Henry was a member of the Methodist Church, and was affiliated with the Sons of Veterans.
Documents available for Henry Herman;